The Role of the Teaching and Learning Committee is to monitor and report on quality assurance processes for teaching and learning and to ensure that day-to-day academic operations meet quality educational standards. It is also responsible for advising on policies and guidelines related to teaching and learning in Pegasus’ courses. It is a sub-committee of the Academic Board.
The TLC meets regularly [sometimes weekly] to:
• Implement academic policies relating to all teaching and learning processes, including admissions, student progress, examinations and assessment, and academic appeals.
• Coordinate the conduct of, and monitor the outcomes from admission processes.
• Oversee the process by which students are assessed including assessment moderation.
• Approve all student results prior to publication.
• Make recommendations on changes to existing courses, including matters pertaining to delivery.
• Review and advise on teaching and learning facilities which provide a physical environment conducive to study.
• Make recommendations regarding textbooks and other learning resources for Pegasus courses.
• Receive reports and review statistics relating to student appeals against assessment, grievances, discipline and misconduct.
• Monitor student progress, attrition and completion rates, and graduate destinations.
• Undertake benchmarking of course outcomes according to Pegasus’ Quality Management System.
• Take steps to improve the quality of teaching through regular use and review of stakeholder feedback as a basis for continuous improvement.
• Approve an annual Professional Development Plan for academic staff to ensure that professional and discipline based expertise is current, that teaching skills are maintained and updated and that scholarly activity is undertaken.
• Encourage a culture of scholarship throughout Pegasus.
• Act on any other references to it from the Academic Board.
The membership of the Teaching and Learning Committee is as follows:
• Dr Hank Duyverman – Dean & Director for Academic Development [Chair]
• Dr Rashid – CEO/ED [ex officio]
• Dr Hieu – Principal [ex officio]
• Ms Karen Goodwin-Roberts – Head Hospitality Lecturer [Cookery]
• Ms Nguyen – F&B Trainer
• Other full-time and part-time teaching staff as required
• Representative from Student Services