The primary role of the Academic Board is to provide oversight of the educational process of tertiary education courses. The Academic Board determines academic policy and regulations and has responsibility for the achievement of educational objectives.
The Academic Board is responsible for:
• Promoting excellence in teaching and learning.
• Overseeing the quality assurance of the academic work.
• Facilitating free intellectual enquiry and ensure academic integrity.
• Ensuring a culture of scholarship is developed and nurtured.
• Considering and making decisions on all aspects of the development and accreditation or re-accreditation of higher education courses, the admission of students, teaching, assessment and requirements for graduation, prizes, awards and scholarships.
• Considering and making decisions on all aspects of the development, customization and delivery of vocational education courses, the admission of students, teaching, assessment and requirements for graduation, prizes, awards and scholarships.
• Formulating, coordinating and reviewing academic policy and regulations.
• Advising on the academic aspects of PIU’s strategic, operational and risk management plans and to foster discourse on issues related to tertiary education and PIU’s Mission and Goals.
• Delegating implementation matters to such standing committees or advisory committees as it may from time to time establish.
• Receiving reports from standing committees or working groups and ensure that their delegated responsibilities are discharged.
• Considering and recommending on any matter referred to the Academic Board by the Country Council and/or Education Governing Council.
• Being responsible for the achievement of the educational objectives/goals set in the Education Direction and Plan
• In addition to such matters as are specifically referred to the Academic Board, the Academic Board may generate reports and recommendations to the Country Council, including recommending new courses for development.
Membership of the Academic Board comprises:
• Development Director
• Deans of Campus
• Centre Directors
• Heads of Disciplines
• Representative from KinderWorld Vietnam
• Branch Managers
• Student Services