The primary role of the Education Governing Council is to have strategic oversight of the educational direction for:
• The Pegasus International College (PIC); and
• The Singapore International School (SIS) and KinderWorld International Kindergarten (KIK), through the Country Councils.
The Education Governing Council will provide strategic advice to the Country Councils to facilitate high quality, internationally benchmarked contemporary, and culturally appropriate, educational opportunities.
In collaboration with appropriate tiers including the Academic Board (PIC), the Schools Board (SIS and KIK), and the Country Councils, the Education Governing Council is empowered to develop, and recommend for approval by the Board of Management, the KEG Education Direction and Plan.
The Education Direction and Plan will incorporate strategic direction and implementation considerations for KEG kindergartens, schools, tertiary institutions (including but not confined to vocational and higher education) and any future KEG educational entity.
The Education Governing Council is responsible for advising the Board of Management on:
• The strategic options for the implementation of educational programmes with due consideration for international, regional, national, and local policies and trends of government and industry.
• The development of the Education Direction and Plan and their relationship to the Education Governing Council’s remit.
• The strategic risk and proposed mitigating actions which may impinge on successful delivery of the Education Direction and Plan.
• The implications of the Education Governing Council’s advice to the Board of Management in respect of the Country Council and Corporate Services Committee.
Membership of the Education Governing Council comprises:
• Chairperson of the EGC – Higher Education Representative
• Member of the EGC – Representative of the Board of Management
• Member of the EGC – Chairs of the Standing Committees
• Member of the EGC – Education Director – SIS and KIK sectors
• Member of the EGC – Industry Representative of the Tertiary Sector
• Member of the EGC – Representative of the PIC
• Member of the EGC – Representative of the Corporate Services Committee
• Member of the EGC – Board of Management Nominee(s)
• Others as advised by BOM