SIT40516 CERTIFICATE IV IN COMMERCIAL COOKERY
This is an Australian qualification on the Australian Qualification Framework. It is offered through Pegasus UniCollege Australia, a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 31984) registered with the Australian Skills Quality Authority. The qualification is delivered in Vietnam by Pegasus International College, Danang.
This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
12 months including internship.
Pegasus International College, Danang.
Pegasus International UniCentre, Hanoi.
Year 12, GPA 2.4, IELTS 4.5 academic or equivalent [5.5 preferred]. Evidence of English proficiency not older than 6 months will be required or a Placement Test will need to be undertaken. In addition, all students will be required to undertake separate numeracy and literacy test.
Recognized Australian national qualification – SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery.
Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management [8 months], followed by articulation to a top-up degree course with Pegasus university partners.
• Chef de partie
• BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
• BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
• SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment
• SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
• SITHCCC006 Prepare appetizers and salads
• SITHCCC007 Prepare stocks, soups and sauces
• SITHCCC008 Prepare vegetables, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
• SITHCCC012 Prepare poultry dishes
• SITHCCC013 Prepare seafood dishes
• SITHCCC014 Prepare meat dishes
• SITHCCC018 Prepare food to meet dietary requirement
• SITHCCC019 Prepare cakes, pastries and breads
• SITHCCC020 Work effectively as a cook
• SITHKOP002 Plan and cost basic menus
• SITHKOP004 Develop menus for special dietary requirements
• SITHKOP005 Coordinate cooking operations
• SITHPAT006 Produce desserts
• SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
• SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
• SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
• SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
• SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
• SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
• SITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable items
• SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
• SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
• BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
• SITHKOP001 Clean kitchen premises and equipment
• BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
• SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
• SITHCCC015 Prepare and serve food for buffets
• SITHCCC021 Prepare specialized food items
• SITHCCC017 Handle and serve cheese
(*) Download Course Brochure here
(**)To register your interest in this course, click on “Register your interest” button.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes