|Reporting to||Director for Academic Development|
|Location||Ha Noi, Danang|
Undertake teaching and assessment duties in the Australian Qualifications SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality and the SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality, and Enterprise Development programmes in line with relevant standards and compliance requirements. The occupant is required to regularly monitor and evaluate practice in order to maintain a focus on continuous improvement.
Level of Responsibility/ Direction and Supervision
Responsible for ensuring that the teaching and associated duties as assigned are carried out to a satisfactory standard. The occupant undertakes tasks under general direction and supervision, based on established practices and procedures, provided by the Academic Dean and the Head Hospitality. Exercise of limited discretion is required.
- Prepare and implement competency-based training programs employing flexible learning strategies that respond to the needs of different learners. Prepare and conduct assessment activities as appropriate, including the recognition of prior learning.
- Prepare, manage and coordinate teaching materials, resources, and equipment for learning programs. Provide advice on class materials and teaching equipment and resources as required.
- Apply principles of quality assurance and continuous improvement to all learning programs and ensure delivery and assessment meets compliance requirements.
- Participate in professional learning programs and activities and maintain and update vocational currency and VET knowledge.
- Guide and support students on campus and/or in their workplace, and monitor and follow-up on student attendance, engagement, and progress. Develop and apply student behaviour management strategies, and duty of care.
- Provide advice and information to students, parents, employers, staff and representatives from other organisations. Positively promote College products and services.
- Carry out administrative tasks related to learning programs and students, including maintenance of relevant organisational and student records and enrolment, resulting and reporting.
- Perform other duties in accordance with the skills, competence and training of the occupant.
- Experience in a vocational education training environment.
- High level of numeracy and literacy with excellent communication skills.
- Hold the necessary qualifications to teach units within the Australian Training Packages SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality and the SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality [Units are appended to this Job and Person Specification].
- Hold a Certificate IV in Teaching an Assessment [TAE10] or prepared to undertake study to complete such qualification to the upgraded TAE16 within the first year of employment.
- Hold certification to deliver English as a Foreign Language.
- Competency to deliver units within the SIT60316 Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management.
Working within Pegasus International College
Pegasus International College is a privately owned company in Vietnam. It delivers Australian Qualification under licence from its registered training organisation in Australia.
Employees within Pegasus International College are required to:
- Support the establishment and ongoing development of the College
- Have a good understanding of the organisation’s strategic intent and a commitment to Pegasus’s vision, mission and values
- Actively promote and support the achievement of Pegasus International College corporate plan.
Employment decisions are based on merit. The following specific selection criteria must be addressed by candidates. The nominated role and duties contained in this job and person description must also be used to assist in the interpretation of these selection criteria.
- A capacity to teach in a competent manner with a sound understanding of basic teaching philosophies and the ability to adopt new teaching strategies and delivery techniques in relation to identified area/s of expertise.
- An appropriate level of knowledge and skill relevant to the identified delivery area.
- Ability to adapt to change, undertake further training, and develop new knowledge and skills related to technological change and industry innovation.
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate effectively to students, parents, employers, staff and representatives from external organisations.
- An understanding of the problems that may be faced by students and an ability to provide assistance to students experiencing study difficulties, including assessing and helping/ referring students for further assistance.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer and quality services, including taking responsibility for solving client problems, adding value to customer expectations and identifying and meeting customer needs.
Units in the SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality. Select those in which you possess both currency and competence. Details of these units can be found at www.training.gov.au.
|Currency and Competency||Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBDIV501||Manage diversity in the workplace|
|SITHIND004||Work effectively in hospitality services|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITXFIN003||Manage finances within a budget|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor work operations|
|SITXWHS003||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITHFAB011||Provide advice on beer, spirits and liqueurs|
|SITHFAB002||Clean and tidy bars|
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|SITHFAB003||Operate a bar|
|SITHFAB004||Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages|
|SITHFAB010||Prepare and serve cocktails|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and serve espresso coffee|
|SITHFAB014||Provide table service of food and beverage|
|SITHFAB016||Provide advice on food|
|SITHACS007||Conduct a night audit|
|SITHACS008||Provide accommodation reception service|
If you fit the bill, please send your resume and cover letter to Hr Manager: Hr@pegasus.edu.vn
Pegasus International College
Vùng Trung 3, Khu đô thị mới Phú Mỹ An, P. Hòa Hải, Q. Ngũ Hành Sơn, TP. Đà Nẵng
0236 384 0515