- Hospitality Studies
- Certificate III in Patisserie (SIT31113)
- Certificate IV in Patisserie (SIT40713)
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (SIT30813)
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery (SIT40413)
- Certificate III in Hospitality (SIT30713)
- Certificate IV in Hospitality (SIT40313)
- Diploma of Hospitality (SIT50313)
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality (SIT60313)
- Swiss Boutique Hotel Management Programme
This course provides the skills and knowledge to works in the pastry/bakery department in a hotel, restaurant or similar establishment, with the responsibility for preparing pastry items and bread based on Western food cuisine.
- Kitchen Organization
- Preparation for Work
- Food Hygiene
- Equipment in Patisserie Kitchen
- Basic Knowledge of food ingredients
- Making bread and cake methods
- Cake Mixture
- Types of cream and basic dough
- Practice European Patisserie
- Short crust pastry
- Puff Pastry
- Mille feuille
- Brioche dough
- Danish pastry
- Fried soft dough
- Caramel pudding
- Crème brulee
- Sweet Tart
- Mocha cake
- Joconde biscuit
- Opera cake
- Baguette, White yeast bread, Rye bread, Country bread, Olive bread
Language of delivery
2 sessions of 4 hours each week over 8 weeks – total 64 hours.
Classes can be arranged to the mutual benefit of students and Trainer.
Upon completion of this course, students have options to receive Certificate of Attainment issued by Pegasus International College or participate in the VTOS assessment to receive VTOS Certificate issued by VTCB.
Graduates of this course may work in a hotel, restaurant or bakery.