Diploma of Hospitality (SIT50313)
- Hospitality Studies
- Certificate III in Patisserie (SIT31113)
- Certificate IV in Patisserie (SIT40713)
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (SIT30813)
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery (SIT40413)
- Certificate III in Hospitality (SIT30713)
- Certificate IV in Hospitality (SIT40313)
- Diploma of Hospitality (SIT50313)
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality (SIT60313)
- Swiss Boutique Hotel Management Programme
This is an Australian qualification on the Australian Qualification Framework. It is offered through Pegasus UniCollege Australia, a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 31984) registered with the Australian Skills Quality Authority. The qualification is delivered in Vietnam by Pegasus International College, Danang.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who use sound knowledge of industry operations and a broad range of managerial skills to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate independently, have responsibility for others and make a range of operational business decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any sector of the hospitality industry as a departmental or small business manager.
Possible job titles include:
- banquet or function manager
- chef de cuisine
- chef patissier
- executive housekeeper
- front office manager
- gaming manager
- kitchen manager
- motel manager
- restaurant manager
- sous chef
- unit manager (catering operations)
Pathways into the qualification
It is strongly recommended that individuals undertake lower level qualifications, and/or gain industry experience prior to entering SIT50313 Diploma of Hospitality. However this is not mandatory.
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- SIT40313 Certificate IV in Hospitality
Pathways from the qualification
- After achieving SIT50313 Diploma of Hospitality, individuals could progress to SIT60313 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality or higher education qualifications in management.
IELTS 5.5 with no less than 5.0 in any one band.
Program of Study
The Program comprises 9 units. These units may be subject to change.
- BSBMGT515A - Manage operational plan
- SITXCCS501 - Manage quality customer service
- SITXFIN501 - Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXGLC501 - Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- SITXHRM501 - Recruit select and induct staff
- SITXHRM503 - Monitor staff performance
- SITXINV301 - Purchase goods
- SITXMGT501 - Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXMPR502 - Develop and implement marketing strategies
6 months full-time.