Certificate IV in Hospitality (SIT40313)
- Hospitality Studies
- Certificate III in Patisserie (SIT31113)
- Certificate IV in Patisserie (SIT40713)
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (SIT30813)
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery (SIT40413)
- Certificate III in Hospitality (SIT30713)
- Certificate IV in Hospitality (SIT40313)
- Diploma of Hospitality (SIT50313)
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality (SIT60313)
- Swiss Boutique Hotel Management Programme
This is an Australian qualification on the Australian Qualification Framework. It is offered through Pegasus UniCollege Australia, a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 31984) registered with the Australian Skills Quality Authority. The qualification is delivered in Vietnam by Pegasus International College, Danang.
This qualification reflects the role of skilled operators who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with sound knowledge of industry operations. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems. Many individuals have supervisory responsibilities and plan, monitor and evaluate the work of team members.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a team leader or supervisor in hospitality organisations such as restaurants, hotels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops.
Possible job titles include:
- bar supervisor or team leader
- duty manager
- food and beverage supervisor or team leader
- forecast analyst (accommodation services)
- front office supervisor or team leader
- housekeeping supervisor or team leader
- gaming supervisor or team leader
- reservation analyst
- shift manager
Pathways into the qualification
Individuals may enter SIT40313 Certificate IV in Hospitality with limited or no vocational experience and without a lower level qualification. However, it is strongly recommended that individuals undertake lower level qualifications, and/or gain industry experience prior to entering the qualification.
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- SIT30713 Certificate III in Hospitality
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving this qualification candidates may undertake:
- SIT50313 Diploma of Hospitality, or to Diploma qualifications in any service industry field.
IELTS 4.5 with not less than 4.0 in any one band.
Program of Study
The Program comprises 13 units. These units may be subject to change.
- BSBDIV501A - Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITHFAB204 - Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB303 - Prepare and serve cocktails
- SITHFAB307 - Provide table service of food and beverage
- SITHFAB309 - Provide advice on food
- SITXCCS401 - Enhance the customer service experience
- SITXCOM401 - Manage conflict
- SITXFIN402 - Manage finances within a budget
- SITXHRM401 - Roster staff
- SITXHRM402 - Lead and manage people
- SITXINV401 - Control stock
- SITXMGT401 - Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS401 - Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
6 months full-time.