Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery (SIT40413)
- Hospitality Studies
- Certificate III in Patisserie (SIT31113)
- Certificate IV in Patisserie (SIT40713)
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (SIT30813)
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery (SIT40413)
- Certificate III in Hospitality (SIT30713)
- Certificate IV in Hospitality (SIT40313)
- Diploma of Hospitality (SIT50313)
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality (SIT60313)
- Swiss Boutique Hotel Management Programme
This is an Australian qualification on the Australian Qualification Framework. It is offered through Pegasus UniCollege Australia, a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 31984) registered with the Australian Skills Quality Authority. The qualification is delivered in Vietnam by Pegasus International College, Danang.
This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in various kitchen settings, such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes, cafeterias and coffee shops.
Possible job titles include:
- chef de partie.
Pathways into the qualification
Individuals may enter SIT40413 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery with limited or no vocational experience and without a lower level qualification. However, it is strongly recommended that individuals undertake lower level qualifications, and/or gain industry experience prior to entering the qualification.
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- SIT30713 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving this qualification candidates may undertake:
- SIT50313 Diploma of Hospitality, or to Diploma qualifications in any service industry field.
IELTS 4.5 with not less than 4.0 in any one band.
Program of Study
The Program comprises 13 units. These units may be subject to change.
- SITXFSA401 - Develop and implement and food safety program
- BSBDIV501A - Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITHFAB204 - Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB309 - Provide advice on food
- SITXCOM401 - Manage conflict
- SITXFIN402 - Manage finances within a budget
- SITXHRM401 - Roster staff
- SITXHRM402 - Lead and manage people
- SITXINV401 - Control stock
- SITXMGT401 - Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS401 - Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITHKOP402 - Develop menus for special dietary requirements
- SITHKOP403 - Coordinate cooking operations
6 months full-time.