Certificate III in Hospitality (SIT30713)
- Hospitality Studies
- Certificate III in Patisserie (SIT31113)
- Certificate IV in Patisserie (SIT40713)
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (SIT30813)
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery (SIT40413)
- Certificate III in Hospitality (SIT30713)
- Certificate IV in Hospitality (SIT40313)
- Diploma of Hospitality (SIT50313)
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality (SIT60313)
- Swiss Boutique Hotel Management Programme
This is an Australian qualification on the Australian Qualification Framework. It is offered through Pegasus UniCollege Australia, a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 31984) registered with the Australian Skills Quality Authority. The qualification is delivered in Vietnam by Pegasus International College, Danang.
This qualification reflects the role of skilled operators who use a range of well-developed hospitality skills. They use discretion and judgement and have a sound knowledge of industry operations. They work with some independence and under limited supervision and may provide operational advice and support to team members.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops. It provides options for specialisation in areas such as accommodation services, food and beverage and gaming. The qualification also allows an outcome for small businesses requiring multi-skilled employees.
Possible job titles include:
- espresso coffee machine operator
- food and beverage attendant
- front desk receptionist
- function attendant
- function host
- gaming attendant
- restaurant host
- senior bar attendant
Pathways into the qualification
- Individuals may enter SIT30713 Certificate III in Hospitality with limited or no vocational experience and without a lower level qualification.
Pathways from the qualification
- After achieving SIT30713 Certificate III in Hospitality, individuals could progress to SIT40313 Certificate IV in Hospitality.
Candidates must have completed and obtained a year 12 high school certificate or equivalent
Candidates must also demonstrate and English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 4.5 with not less than 4.0 in any one band. Candidates who do not possess IELTS 4.5 or equivalent may enrol provisionally into the Certificate III in Business program until they have satisfied their language requirements.
Program of Study
The Program comprises 15 units. These units may be subject to change.
- BSBSUS301A - Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWOR203B - Work effectively with others
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- SITHFAB101 - Clean and tidy bar areas
- SITHFAB201 - Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHFAB202 - Operate a bar
- SITHFAB203 - Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
- SITHIND201 - Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND301 - Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCCS303 - Provide service to customers
- SITXCOM201 - Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXFSA101 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA201 - Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXHRM301 - Coach others in job skills
- SITXWHS101 - Participate in safe work practices
6 months full-time.