Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (SIT30813)
- Hospitality Studies
- Certificate III in Patisserie (SIT31113)
- Certificate IV in Patisserie (SIT40713)
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (SIT30813)
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery (SIT40413)
- Certificate III in Hospitality (SIT30713)
- Certificate IV in Hospitality (SIT40313)
- Diploma of Hospitality (SIT50313)
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality (SIT60313)
- Swiss Boutique Hotel Management Programme
This is an Australian qualification on the Australian Qualification Framework. It is offered through Pegasus UniCollege Australia, a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 31984) registered with the Australian Skills Quality Authority. The qualification is delivered in Vietnam by Pegasus International College, Danang.
This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who use a wide range of cookery skills. They use discretion and judgement and have a sound knowledge of kitchen operations. They work with some independence and under limited supervision and may provide operational advice and support to team members.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a commercial cook in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes, cafeterias and coffee shops.
Possible job title includes:
Pathways into the qualification
- Individuals may enter SIT30813 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery with limited or no vocational experience and without a lower level qualification.
Pathways from the qualification
- After achieving SIT30813 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery, individuals could progress to SIT40413 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery or SIT40713 Certificate IV in Patisserie
Candidates must have completed and obtained a year 12 high school certificate or equivalent
Candidates must also demonstrate and English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 4.5 with not less than 4.0 in any one band. Candidates who do not possess IELTS 4.5 or equivalent may enrol provisionally into the Certificate III in Commercial Cookery program until they have satisfied their language requirements.
Program of Study
The Program comprises 25 units. These units may be subject to change.
- SITXFSA101 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA201 - Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXINV301 - Purchase goods
- BSBSUS301A - Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWOR203B - Work effectively with others
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- SITXHRM301 - Coach others in job skills
- SITXWHS101 - Participate in safe work practices
- BSBSUS201A - Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITHCCC101 - Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC201 - Produce dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC202 - Produce appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC203 - Produce stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC204 - Produce vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
- SITHCCC301 - Produce poultry dishes
- SITHCCC302 - Produce seafood dishes
- SITHCCC303 - Produce meat dishes
- SITHCCC306 - Handle and serve cheese
- SITHCCC307 - Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHCCC308 - Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITHCCC309 - Work effectively as a cook
- SITHKOP101 - Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITHKOP302 - Plan and cost basic menus
- SITHPAT306 - Produce desserts
- SITXINV202 - Maintain the quality of perishable supplies
6 months full-time.